cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive offer permanent or limited term

60yrold
I'm a participant level 2

I see exclusive offer on my account but when I tried to change to this plan, it doesn't have any details as whether it's permanent/ongoing or for a limited time like 12 months. I chatted with Fido live agent but agent wasn't able to see offer on my account and recommended I do it online myself. Has anyone tried these exclusive offers and have they been permanent?

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @60yrold,

Nothing is permanent and the prices can change at any time, the exclusive plans that are offered on the account usually stay and it's not like a given price for a set amount of months then it changes.

60yrold

Hi Kapable-K,

So what you're saying is that if I change to the offered plan, the price should remain until Fido changes the price or the plan itself, is this correct? Fido can change the price anytime?

thanks

Hello 60yrold,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customers' accounts nor know the details of your particular offer.

I do agree with Kapable-K that the cost of plans would not be permanent nor remain the same indefinitely. However, you might consider verifying the details of your particular offer. While there may be offers like Kapable-K notes, it is also possible the plan on offer has a higher original cost but they are also providing limited-time credits to lower those costs. Once those credits expire, the plan would automatically revert to its original cost.

As far as I am aware, Fido services are no longer under a Term contract. Since they switched from their subsidised plans (included cost of devices) to the Payment Program (separate device financing), I believe services are on a month-to-month basis. If you do have a contract, it would be for financing a device only. Services are charged separately. Since services are on a monthly basis, they are able to make changes provided they give customers sufficient notification (see Terms of Service; section 2c).

I understand you have attempted to contact them, however, if you wished to verify the details of that promotion, you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again @60yrold, that's correct Oftentimes you will find certain plans will see an increase but when that happens you will be notified at least 3 months in advance and it will be stated on your invoice. If you are in an agreement and your plan is going to be hit with a price increase it will only be applied until your agreement is over.

60yrold

Thank you both, and noted on the forum etiquette. I will try again with CS.