cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I took 40+ minutes for the answers - how to return the modem and get refund

Eric43
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Fido is ending the Internet service till May 6th, it is totally normal, business is business. Compared the service fee of the recommended ISP (Rogers), $70 per month (with discount at the 2 years), so expensive. And I switched to a small ISP, similar price as Fido.

A few things are quite annoying:

- I constantly got calls from Rogers, for the migration, even talked with someone from Fido/Rogers, never ending. Please do not bother if I did not request.

- The internet modem, it was/is a rental equipment ($$ bucks), I assume that Fido will refund me if I return it. I chatted with three members from Fido chatbot:

1) https://www.fido.ca/support/internet/how-to-return-internet-equipment, I should recycle it, it is quite simple for me;

2) how to get the refund.

I got a few marking message while I was waiting, credit card, new internet services etc., not sure if the customser team can focus on my concern firstly. I ended the chatbot, and called Fido customer care department. The answer I got is that there is no refund. Hope Fido mentioned such information to me directly at the time I purched the service -- it is buy off the Internet modem. So simple, right.

I am planning to end my Fido mobile service soon.

0 REPLIES 0