cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem return

Macliang
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I need help with returning the modem. I was suppose to receive a return ID number through email on December last year, and I have called the Fido customer service twice but haven't received it until now. Could I just get a return ID through this forum or email so I could reutrn it.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoVan

Hi @Macliang and welcome to the Community!

If you’ve migrated to our Rogers Ignite Internet or cancelled your Fido Internet account, you aren’t required to return your modem. Please responsibly recycle your Fido Internet modem following your local guidelines, thank you.

https://www.fido.ca/support/internet/how-to-return-internet-equipment

Macliang

That is not a solution. Fido charged me for around $270 due to not returning the modem, but in fact it is because Fido do not allow me to return. No one want to spent that amount of money to buy a modem. Is there any other solution? 

Hi again @Macliang,

I've updated the link I posted the other day as it seems I didn't do it properly. Sorry for that.

Regarding your situation, since you've cancelled your service back in December, our new modem recycling policy wasn't in effect yet. If you still need assistance with that, please let us know here and we'll be happy to provide you support here in PMs, thank you.

Hello Macliang,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not be able to provide any return ID or assist with your matter.

I understand FidoVan may have offered some information regarding the current policy for the modem. However, it may or may not apply given your situation since you cancelled your services back in December. There generally is a time-frame for which equipment needs to be received in order to not to incur charges for non-returned equipment. That time-frame is usually within a number of days, not months.

That said, it's possible the new modem policy might also apply to your situation. However, that would be their decision. If you wanted to discuss your issue, you would need to contact customer service again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Macliang

Thanks for letting me know Cawtau and FidoVan. None of the Live Chat or Phone call worked, so I am here to ask for the solution. The customer service promised that a return ID would be sent to my email within 2 days during my last several trails, but I did not get any ID.

To be clear enough, I can get the live chat record (of sending return ID to me) sent to my email using the Fido system, so it is not the problem from my email. Maybe you guys know better of how the system works.  

Hello again,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues obtaining the return authorisation for the modem. As mentioned, these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts. That said, I am aware FidoVan offered to provide support here via PM. You may need to wait for him for further assistance here.

Cheers