cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada USA calling

Derrick9
I'm a participant level 1

Will Fido be offering Canada USA calling like other companies ?

3 REPLIES 3

Lisap7

I would truly like this question answered with a definitive Yes.. Because there shouldn't be a problem for this offer to be made available to the rest of Canada. Because we do need to get with the times. I have been with fido since it's launch back in '96 and for the most part have had a decent experience. But since my career changed in 2003 I have been asking for a cost affective plan that allows for Canada/us Roaming without having to pay an extra surcharge monthly. Because of this ive had to get another line with the competitors.  Now clearly it can be done as Fido is doing it in Québec and Roger's is doing all over Canada. So my question is Why Not Ontario?

Sad to say that for budgeting purposes I will have to make a decision to go with the competitors.  

faisal69
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

It is totally ridiclous and disrespect of other Fido customers to provide certain services to only one province

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Derrick9,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, Fido does offer some plans with Canada/US calling. However, it was only available to customers in Québec. In fact, it is still on the Québec plan offerings (available for new activations only). Apparently, the offer might have been extended to customers with an Ottawa area code (see here). According to that article, you would require a hardware upgrade since you already have Fido services. If that is the case, it would not be on the Ontario plan offerings as it does not extend to all of the Province.

I understand some providers might also offer those plans outside of Québec and Ottawa. At this time, however, if you don't live in Québec or the Ottawa region, you unfortunately won't be able to avail of those plans. If you do require Unlimited US calling, Fido does offer an add-on (see here).

It's possible Fido may have plans to introduce some other feature or service which could replace the Fido Xtra program. However, that would be entirely speculation. Unfortunately, no one here would know about future plan features. Even if there were individuals who are privy to that information, they would not be able to discuss such matters until they are officially announced. Any new offerings would be made public on Fido.ca.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers