Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim about 1000 minutes Long Distance Calls "‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌IT IS A TRAP"

ehsanjo
I'm a participant level 2

I feel like I've been deceived by FIDO.😠
I recently activated a promotional offer in March that advertised 1000 minutes of free long-distance (LD) calls.
However, the offer failed to mention that it only applied to specific countries.😠
When I received my bill this month and saw that it was $135,😭
After contacting Fido, I learned that the free LD calls were limited to specific countries.😮

I feel as though I've been robbed; it seems like a trap.
They never clearly stated the limitations of this offer.

It's disgraceful, and I no longer trust FIDO.👎
Is there any way to make a claim? Can anyone help me with this issue?🙏

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAllan

Hey @ehsanjo,

I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding regarding the long-distance option that was added to your account. The details of the offer are always confirmed before being added and can also always be found online on your Fido MyAccount or on your invoices. 

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us

-Allan

ehsanjo

The answer you gave was very clichéd and repetitive. thank you .😐
Let me explain: the point is that when the offer was shown to me, no explanation was given. Not even an email was sent to me that I have a document and proof of what I am confirming. I think the company is extorting new arrivals and this is not true at all. This is a clear scam.
Even now, it is very easy for you to say yes, it is written in your bill and give such clichéd and routine answers to the problem. But this answer of yours does not solve anything.
I wish I had taken a screenshot when this offer came to me... but unfortunately I didn't. It was only mentioned that you enable foreign long distance calls and it was not said at all that it is for certain countries.
When will we know the details? When we receive the bill!! At the end of the month with a heavy cost.
Even in the details of the plan, there was nothing in my account. Like this image that is attached.
+1.png

I will deactivate my SIM card and I will definitely inform the community and friends I am in contact with to never buy a SIM card from a fraud and theft company like Fido.

We definitely don't want you to feel this way.

We do value being transparent and honest. On our end, we make sure the list of countries is enlisted before the confirmation, in the confirmation email, or the invoice. 

Please contact us here, we'll be happy to further look into your account and help.