cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk loyalty Plans and Programs

chamiltonmobile
I'm a participant level 3

I've been with Fido for a long time. A really long time for today's mobile customer profile- 25+ years. Unfortunately, I still am being offered plans that are available to every newbie on the street. I suppose there is plenty to debate about why I've spent my money here for so long and whether I'm just too lazy or too passive to complain.

What programs and services do we feel Fido should offer longstanding loyal customers?

[please reply]

6 REPLIES 6

chamiltonmobile

As we age, many of us find ourselves on restricted or reduced incomes. Those of us with a track record like mine (25+ years with your service) should benefit. In today's market, anyone with over 10 years with the same provider seems to be a rarity.  In addition, people of my generation tend to use far less data as we are nearly always connected to WiFi. So loyalty plans should include:

• Offer steeply discounted monthly rates,
  • Offer transferable loyalty points targeted at on-site purchases and even partner purchases,
  • Wave roaming rates (as we travel and vacation more),
  • Instant and exclusive offers,
  • Provide loyalty credits which can be applied to monthly bills, entertainment, access to corporate sponsored events,
  • Offer ease of redemption programs,
  • leverage the 'Grey Revolution'. Bet on the fact that a 50-something service representative understands what similar vintage customers like, need and desire. Put at few vintage customers in te service loop.
  • Use us as examples for your new customers. (e.g. if you stick with us, this is what you can look forward to later,
  • Ask seasoned customers for input into strategy and new business directions. Many of us are seasoned professionals with extensive business acumen. Crowdsource innovation and ideas, and
  • select an exemplary group with a long customer record and call in once a year just to say thanks.

We appreciate your feedback @chamiltonmobile. Thank you for sharing!

FidoAlex

Hey @chamiltonmobile, Alex here! 

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your ideas, we love seeing that! Though I'm surprised to hear that you're only being offered the same deals that are available for new customers. We do have exclusive offers for our loyal customers like you, you should be able to see these offers directly in your account on the mobile application or on the website. 

That being said, don't hesitate to reach out if you would like us to look into this with you, you can find all of our contact methods here

chamiltonmobile

Another value proposition could be to leverage Crowd Sourcing services to imagine the right recognition program and companion services FIDO could offer it's customers. It seems to me that there is a captive auidence here with an unparralleled set of skills and experiences. This crowd could be mobilized to collective thought and action, once agin biolstering the brand. Alternatively that same crowd could be as easiliy mobilized against the brand.

chamiltonmobile

Thanks for the reply,

I'm thinking about the lost opportunity here. What sort of brand following could be created by FIDO if they made positive examples of their longest subscribed customers? E.g. A rep calls to schedule an in-person reward meeting. They show up with a gift, maybe some puppies to play with, and a reward that significantly lowers the cost of service for me or some other equally compelling reward. That act 'goes viral' and converts a new following. I mean how many 25+ year customers are there? Set a precedent, and change the conversation. Right?

Hi @chamiltonmobile , it's pretty much the same with every carrier. I'm right around the same vintage customer with Fido. I've only changed my plan when the specials were better than my legacy plan. Now I only adjust it when my needs change.