cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer

CHERRIES55
I'm a participant level 3

I had contacted Fido many times about this PLEASE BECAREFUL OPENING YOUR MESSAGE FROM FIDO because they are not from fido they are telling you that fido is giving you money back on your fido bill, so when you open the message they are into your account and bank account because they want to deposit the money into your bank account, I hit it by accident and you can't get out of it, they make it look like fido sent you money so  when you open it up it takes you to the payment method so you can deposit the money in your bank account meanwhile they are robbing you they took $500.00 out of my bank account, and the bank ain't paying you back, has anyone got scammed?

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @CHERRIES55,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you fell victim to one of these text scams, this is a well known tactic that fraudsters use, Fiod would never send you money by text any refunds will always be credited to your account, I would suggest you file a police report then present it to your bank and see if they are willing to help, often time with these scams you end up loosing.

CHERRIES55

I did report it to my bank they can't do anything because its like I payed my fido bill they said, and I can't find the text messages now.