cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling Activation error, Virgin Plus SIM supported

tharunthomas
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi I am Using Samsung Galaxy m31s Indian Version, Dual 4G Dual Standby phone.  Fido Wifi Calling Activation registration error. They saying Device not Compatible, but I successfully activated the same with Virgin Mobile. So please do the needful with immediate effect as soon as possible at the earliest.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tharunthomas,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not be able to address your issue.

That said, as far as I can tell, these appear to be the specifications for your device:

4G Bands:
TD-LTE 2600(band 38) / 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41)
FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 2600(band 7) / 900(band 😎 / 700(band 28) / 1900(band 2) / 1700(band 4) / 850(band 5) / 700(band 17) / 800(band 20) / 850(band 26)
3G Bands:
UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz
2G Bands:
GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz

~taken from here and here.

According to those specifications, that device does have some compatible bands/frequencies for the networks. While the phone should work on the networks, devices which were not purchased nor are available from Fido generally won't likely be supported for certain functions, like voLTE and Wifi-calling (see here). However, Fido has allowed certain grey-market (ie Canadian version of devices carried by Fido but purchased elsewhere) to use the service. Those included Samsung Galaxy S8 and above (see here). Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any Canadian M series Galaxy devices. Even if there were Canadian versions of the Galaxy M series, your device is an Indian version which would not have been offered by any Canadian provider.

I understand the service may have been available with a different provider. However, that provider uses a different network. If that feature is important to you, you may need to return to that provider for that particular service.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers