cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile network

zkkorman
I'm back
I'm back

Hello . I don't have a mobile network, why?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Zkkorman,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with connecting to the mobile network. As Original_Lucy enquired, are you new to Fido? What device are you using? Have you verified your device is compatible for use with the networks? You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Are you unable to locate the mobile network everywhere or only at certain locations? In addition to requiring a compatible device, the nature of cellular service is that it is dependent on being able to receive adequate signal from the cellular towers. Adequate signal would depend, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here. In addition to your proximity to the cellular towers, there are also many factors can affect cellular reception (see here and here). That's why no mobile provider can guarantee service. There are just too many factors beyond their control. Is it possible you're in an area not adequately covered by Fido/Rogers?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @zkkorman , not sure what you are asking. Are you a new subscriber and cannot access data? Are you on a text and call plan perhaps? If you could clarify what type of help you need, someone here should be able to assist.