cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likewize is the biggest scam ever! Fed up and unhappy customer.

kellyhouse
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My son's phone was stolen a few weeks ago. I sent in a claim for it. I paid a $315 deductible for a red iPhone 13 128GB. Which is worth about $450. At first I was wondering why they are charging me that much for a phone that's almost worth that money. Anyway they shipped it the next day which was a Thursday. I look on the UPS website the next week on a Tuesday, to track the phone and it said that the phone was being sent back to the sender. They did NOT send me an email letting me know that my shipment was being sent back. So I phone likewise and the customer service agent informs me that like wise requested it be send back to them because they did not accept my claim.  She said she was going to send in a claim review. I said no thanks just send me back my $315 so I can just got buy the same a used phone for that price. I have 6 fido phones and all of them have device protection. That's over $100 I spend a month on device protection. I told her to just cancel my device claim and send me my money back. She told me she had to send in a review to get my money back! Are you kidding me! No just give me my money back, I know it will take anywhere up to a week to have my money sent back to my account.  So I cancelled my device protection on all of my phones. Ain't no way they're scamming me for more money. Mind you I've had device protection for almost 3 years on 10 different phones through Fido. 

This is not the first time Likewize has screwed me over either. I should have learnt my lesson from the first time. Yes, I know stupid me! Anyway I had my fiancés phone on my account and it was a Samsung flip. That phone was garbage it started cracking in the midlde a few months after getting it. We sent it in and they sent back a used Samsung flip which did the same exact thing almost 2 months later. We send it in to likewize again. They said it was covered and they were going to send another. We waited over a month for the phone. We phoned in many times and they didn't know where it was. Then it comes back over a month later and it's the same exact broken phone! A customer service agent said we had to send in another claim for it. So we are paying for a phone every month that he can't use! Anyway we gave up because someone broke into his car and stole the broken phone a week later. We didn't even bother and I took off the device protection. He paid off the phone he barely got to use and got a Samsung 23 ultra, which is a way better phone. I'm ready to give up on Fido as well if they don't do what's right to make this right. I'm ready to end all of my 7 lines and finacing for 6 of the phones. Over $700 a month. Bad credit? I'm so pissed off that I'm willing to take my chances. It wouldn't be the first time. Fido lets their customers be scammed by this bulls**t company. Stop asking your customers if they want device protection if you know they are paying to be ripped off. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kellyhouse,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you son's phone was stolen and your ensuing situation. Unfortunately, we would not know why they decided to deny the claim.

@kellyhouse wrote:

....Which is worth about $450....

How did you determine the device's worth? I understand replacement processing fee might seem large compared to what you feel the device was worth. However, that fee is determined by the devices' MSRP (see here). At launch, the cost for that device was $1099 (see here). That MSRP would have made the phone a Tier 3 device. Even the current MSRP for that device of $849 (see here) would still make the phone a Tier 3 device, though I'm not sure whether they adjust MSRPs to current prices or maintain the original MSRP at purchase.

There have been long-standing discussions regarding whether device protection services are worth the money. Some customers will not purchase a device without it, while others might never consider purchasing it. Other customers might purchase it initially and then cancel the service once they feel the costs outweigh the purchase of an upgrade.

I understand you feel they shouldn't ask customers if they want device protection. However, no one is forced to purchase the protection. Customers have always been free to decline device protection.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers